FOL-DA-TANK® Company manufactured the first floating strainer in 1954 and started selling them in 1955.
The Float-Dock® proved to be the most practical answer not only for firefighting but also for construction and minning operations.
The Float Dock® strainer is a valuable piece of equipment that can save the day in many firefighting situations. Float Dock® lets you use the water in farm ponds or streams, both shallow and deep, and with a Fol-Da-Tank. Because it operates below scum and debris and above sand and muck, it screens out the materials that wear out impellers, packing and bearings. Since Float Dock® strainers are self-leveling, there are no whirlpools or suction loss. Each unit is fully guaranteed. (NFPA 1142 Compliant)
- Professionally designed & engineered for maximum pumping capacity
- Polyethelene molded float with molded in carry handle (handle can be used for tie off and retrevel)
- No need for a vortex plate. The float prevents any whirlpooling.
- Not hand welded
- Al-Mag castings - Proven to be the toughest in the industry
- Long handle swivels with standard NH or NPSH threads
- 20-30% more open area at the intake
- Other threads available
- Detach strainer and use separately as a "Box Strainer"
- All Float Dock® are available in all aluminum construction up to 8" (See Below)
- Float Dock® drafts in as little as 5 inches (13) cm of water
The "Original" Floating Strainer Float Dock® Strainer Self-Leveling
If you would like to place an order for an out of stock item, please call us toll free at (800) 551-8787