CHEMGUARD C364 3×6 AR-AFFF (Alcohol Resistant Aqueous Film-Forming Foam) Concentrate combines fluoro- and hydrocarbon-surfactant technologies to provide superior fire and vapor suppression for Class B, polar solvent and hydrocarbon fuel fires. This synthetic foam concentrate is intended for firefighting applications at 3% solution on hydrocarbon fuels and at 6% solution on polar solvent fuels in fresh, salt, or hard water.
CHEMGUARD C364 foam solution utilizes three suppression mechanisms intended for rapid fire knockdown and superior burnback resistance:
- The foam blanket blocks oxygen supply to the fuel.
- Liquid drains from the foam blanket and forms either:
- An aqueous film on a hydrocarbon fire, or
- A polymeric membrane on a polar solvent fire which suppresses the vapor and seals the fuel surface.
- The water content of the foam solution produces a cooling effect for additional fire suppression.